- UPC: 5037999006787
- Condition: New
- System Requirements: Windows 98/Me/Xp/Vista
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Box Type: DVD Style Box
- Return Period: 30 days
- Delivery Time: View shipping table
As Emperor, Your Power Is Great... Rule your subjects wisely and build a mighty empire! Control trade, levy taxes, employ new technologies, cement alliances, raise armies, and build monuments to your everlasting glory. Vie with neighboring kingdoms for wealth and power. And take your city online to see if you are truly the world's mightiest monarch.
In Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, you are transported back in time to when emperors reigned and China was the greatest and most resplendent power on earth. Epic in scope, Emperor spans seven dynasties and more than 3,000 years of Chinese history—from China's pre-imperial Xia dynasty circa 2100 BCE to the Mongol invasion of the Middle Kingdom under Genghis Khan in 1211 CE.
As Emperor, you will build housing to attract immigrants to your new city. Then the city's workers and farmers, administrators and soldiers will be yours to command, and you will have the work force you need to build a provincial city into a great metropolis. At your bidding, legions of workers will toil to erect walls strong enough to keep the barbarians at bay. Under your banner, armies will march forth to do battle with the enemy. Trade and commerce will flourish and an army of tax collectors will collect the taxes that are due. Schools and clinics, palaces and gardens will embellish the city you have built and proclaim your benevolence to the world.
Under your enlightened rule, a small settlement will expand to become the capital of a grand and glorious empire. From humble beginnings your city will develop into an imperial capital worthy of your greatness.
- Start with a plot of land by the Yangze.
- Help your people thrive.
- Discover new technologies.
- Set taxes, control trade, raise huge armies.
- Invade other cities.
- Do you have what it takes to build the Great Wall? Then take your city online and see if you really are the best int he world.
- Your throne awaits
Offers city builders an exotic locale and a host of different ways to play. Stunning graphics combine with state-of-the art technology for an immersive gaming experience. And new online features make the game more challenging and enjoyable for both single players and online gamers.
- Compete or cooperate online with up to seven other players: collaborate on a monumental building project like the Great Wall or wage war to gain supreme power over China.
- See graphics with up to 25% more detail than in previous city-builder games.
- Keep the horde at bay with new combat features and controls.
- Choose from more than 40 engaging single-player missions.
- Converse with your subjects as they go about their daily tasks.
- Construct engineering marvels like the Grand Canal and the Great Wall.
- Besiege walled cities using catapults and battering rams, defend against invaders, and hold off barbarians.
- Conduct seven historical campaigns, each representing one or more Chinese dynasties: Xia, Sang, Zhou, Qin, Han, Sui/Tang, and Song/Jin.
- Online multiplayer! Up to eight players compete or cooperate online - a first for city buildes!
- Windows 98/Me/XP/VISTA
- Pentium II 400MHZ
- 64MB RAM
- 800MB Hard Disk Space
- 4X CD-ROM Drive
- 4MB video card (16-bit color @ 800x600)
- Windows compatible mouse
- Online play requires 56K or faster connection and Internet service provider